This homemade face mask for acne and acne scars reduces sebum secretion and is also effective in treating spots and blackheads.
You may be surprised to hear that the secret ingredient in this treatment is actually Orange peel. However, orange peel is particularly effective in treating acne and acne scars.
My simple to follow instructions – all illustrated with pictures – will ensure you will be able to make this mask in no time!
The high vitamin C content together with the acidity makes oranges one of the best natural cures for acne according to “Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice”. It is safe to use orange peel and orange juice as often as you want to treat your acne according to “Braun-Falco’s Dermatology”.
How To Make The Face Mask
You need to plan ahead to make this mask as you have to dry out the orange peel – but it will pay off because the orange peel that you prepare can be kept and used over and over. I tend to keep my peel in a small Tupperware container so it stays fresh.
For best results this mask should be applied on the affected areas several times a week.
You will need:
- The peel from 1 orange
- a little water
- Peel an orange and put the peel to one side to dry out for at least 24 hours
- Crush 1/2 a TSP of the peel from the orange. I usually use a blender but you could use a pestle and mortar.
- Add water, mixing it as you go, until you create a paste like mixture.
- Apply it on your cleansed skin and leave it until it dries.
- You should then gently rinse it off with warm water using a muslin cloth.
This treatment should be repeated 2 or 3 times a week.
This process will help reduce the appearance of acne scars and rejuvenate your skin.
Did you enjoy this article?
If you found this article useful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons on the left. I’d really appreciate it.
Also, if you are feeling extra generous please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors. It will encourage me to write more natural treatments that are cheap and effective!
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to see you here again soon!
Recommended just for you:
Latest posts by Georgiana Coslenco (see all)
- Healthy Easy Weight Loss Recipe - September 15, 2014
- Homemade Facial Hair Removal With Turmeric - September 1, 2014
- 7 Surprising Ways To Use Coconut Oil In Your Beauty Regime - May 29, 2014
- How To Use Bentonite Clay (And Other Miraculous Cosmetic Clay) - April 15, 2014