If, like me, you have suffered from acne then you will be desperate for a good mask to help absorb the greasy sebum.
By reducing the sebum I hoped to reduce the chance of another break out.
After a little research I found that there are many ingredients that helps absorb the excess sebum. However one in particular stood out as it is also hypoallergenic and an exfoliant.
That ingredients is oatmeal.
Due to its texture oatmeal is a fantastic exfoliant. It will remove dry, dead cells and encourage your skin to produce new, fresh ones. Regular exfoliation will help produce vibrant, younger-looking skin.
Oatmeal will sooth your skin as it is hypoallergenic. It is also great at helping with allergies, sunburn and other skin damage. It is also good for people with sensitive skin.
Oatmeal is also a humectant which means it helps your skin retain moisture. Though it doesn’t actually moisturize in it’s own right when used in conjunction with skin-hydrating ingredients, oatmeal can help your skin take on a glowing, dewy appearance
Honey plays a double role in this mask:
- it makes the application process easier, as it turns the mixture into a paste
- It is nutritious, vitaminizing and a good tonic for all skin types.
Honey and oats are excellent ingredients for masks as they are good for all skin types.
How To Make The Face Mask
You will need:
- 1 TBSP water (boiled water)
- 3 TBSP oats
- 1 TBSP honey
no images were found
Video showing how to make the face mask
Easy To Follow Steps
no images were found
- Put 1 TBSP of hot water in a bowl then add 3 TBSP of oats.
- Allow this mixture to cool down for a few minutes then add 1 TBSP of honey, mixing it well with the other ingredients.
- Apply the mask avoiding the sensitive area of the eyes
- Leave the mask to work for 10 to 20 minutes, but not longer then that.
- Gently rinse the face mask off with warm water.
Did you enjoy this article?
If you found this article useful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons on the left. I’d really appreciate it.
Also, if you are feeling extra generous please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors. It will encourage me to write more natural treatments that are cheap and effective!
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to see you here again soon!