Here is one of my favorite weekly hair masks that does wonders for dry or damaged hair.
After using this hair mask once a week for a month you will notice a big difference. It prevents hair loss and actually encourages growth (you will actually notice hair growing). You hair will feel great and look beautifully healthy.
How To Make The Hair Mask
The amounts required for this mask are based on hair length. At the moment I have a long bob and the amounts listed are perfect for this length of hair. If you have long hair you might need to increase the amounts to suit. However it depends on how thick your hair is – the thicker your hair the more mask you need to mix.
You will need:
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP castor oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 or ½ banana
- Some coconut oil *
- A plastic bag
* Coconut oil is really thick and appears more like lard than an oil. However, if you warm it up by rubbing it in the palm of your hands, it immediately turns into oil.
It only takes 5 minutes to make this easy mask so make sure you wet your hair first and keep it in a towel ready for the mask to be applied.
- Wash your hair. The coconut oil and the other ingredients from the mask will be better absorbed by applying them to damp hair.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender except for the coconut oil and mix into a thick paste. If you don’t have a blender you can use a hand blender, a mixer, or something similar that can help you combine the ingredients into a paste.
- Take some of the coconut oil and rub it in the palm of your hand so it turns into a liquid and apply it to your hair, a section at a time.
- Take the paste from the mixer and carefully apply it to your hair a section at a time.
- Wrap the plastic bag over your hair to keep it warm and this will ensure the mask is absorbed into the hair thoroughly. You can also wrap a towel over the top of the plastic bag as it will help keep the hair even warmer.
- Keep the mask on your hair for 1 hour.
While waiting for the hour to pass I often spend my time writing or checking my emails, preparing a nice meal, or watching some TV. I have even been known to do some housework but only if I drank plenty of coffee that day…
- Wash your hair normally. I tend to use a conditioner after the shampoo to give the hair plenty of moisture. This is really important if you’re trying to restore some smoothness to your dry or damaged hair!
Did you enjoy this article?
If you found this article useful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons on the left. I’d really appreciate it.
Also, if you are feeling extra generous please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors. It will encourage me to write more natural treatments that are cheap and effective!
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to see you here again soon!
Recommended just for you:
Latest posts by Georgiana Coslenco (see all)
- Healthy Easy Weight Loss Recipe - September 15, 2014
- Homemade Facial Hair Removal With Turmeric - September 1, 2014
- 7 Surprising Ways To Use Coconut Oil In Your Beauty Regime - May 29, 2014
- How To Use Bentonite Clay (And Other Miraculous Cosmetic Clay) - April 15, 2014